Canada’s Start-up Visa Program targets immigrant entrepreneurs with the skills and potential to build businesses in Canada that:
- are innovative
- can create jobs for Canadians
- can compete on a global scale
Do you have an innovative business idea? If you can get support for your idea from one of the designated organizations, you may be able to immigrate to Canada.
Book a consultation to Find out if you qualify under this program or any other program under canadian immigration
The purpose of this program is to recruit innovative foreign national entrepreneurs who will create new jobs and drive economic growth.
In order to be eligible, applicants for a Start-Up Visa must meet the following requirements:
- Meet minimum language requirements in English or French (CLB 5 in all abilities);
- Have sufficient funds to settle in Canada;
- Plan to settle in a province other than the Province of Quebec;
- Pass Canadian security and medical clearances;
- Prove your business is supported through a designated organization; and
- Show your business meets ownership requirements.
- No more than five foreign nationals may apply for permanent residence as part of the same business venture under the Start-Up Visa Program.
Successful applicants are required to secure a minimum investment for their Canadian start-up from a designated Canadian venture capital fund, then the investment must be at least $200,000. However if its coming from an angel investor group, it should be at least $75,000.
Applicants are not required to invest any of their own money. If their Canadian start-up is unsuccessful, individuals granted permanent residence through this program will retain their permanent resident status.
Book a consultation to Find out if you qualify under this program or any other program under canadian immigrationBook Consultation Now